It's sometimes hard to know what to organize when in your mind you have a lot to organize! It's easy to feel overwhelm and stress about everything to do. My clients will often tell me because of past failed attempts in getting organized, they just don't feel like they can do it. With my ADHD clients, I find they are particularly hard themselves. It's so easy to go down the negative thinking of, "I can't do this".... However, I want to challenge this thinking! Let's take a problem and find a creative solution... Because I know you CAN do it!
Before getting started on a project, consider asking these very powerful questions...
1) What are the top items in my life that are most important?
2) What are the top items I am constantly looking for?
3) What can I do to make it easier for me to find ___________?
4) What am I forgetting? What can I do to make it easier for me to remember _____________?
5) Who is my support system? Who is going to help me meet my goals?
These questions will actually guide you on where to begin your organizing journey. It doesn't have to be so overwhelming after all!
Take the big thought of "I have to get organized" out of your head and break it down with these questions. The answers will lead you to what to work on first and give you the start you need on your journey!
Don't forget your support system... You are not alone!
Until Next Time...