One of the questions asked on a recent podcast was how to change your mindset when you assume it will take hours to tackle your organizing and that it has to be done "just right."
My recommendation is stop looking for hours a time. If you are looking for hours, you are going to be looking for a long time. But if you look for minutes at a time, your organizing will be that much more effective and less overwhelming.
And remember, there is no right or wrong way to organize. Believing that there is only one way to organize could be holding you back from doing anything at all. I want you to do something!
Not sure what you can do in a short period of time?
Here are some ideas of things that can be done in 15 minutes or less:
- Make your bed
- Purge and organize one bathroom drawer
- Purge and organize one kitchen cupboard
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Delete old emails for 15 minutes
- Do the dishes
- Recycle junk mail
- Do one thing you have been avoiding
- Clean out your purse or bag
- Clean out the car
- Take out the trash
- Tidy up your front entrance
- Go through your shoes and purge
- Clutter race - set the timer for 15 minutes and put away as many items as possible
Now it's time to take that 15 minutes and get started!
If you have anything to add, please share in the comments!
Until Next Time,