Perfectionism could be holding you back!
Getting started is an executive function that many ADDer's struggle with and many fear starting because they fear the results will not be perfect.
- They worry about what will think?
- What if it's not what they wanted?
- What if it's not good enough?
Perfection sets a standard so high, it’s impossible to achieve.
I would tell you to not to look for perfection but to look for good enough.
But... How do you know when good enough is enough?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It's subjective. You have to dig a little deeper in each circumstance to figure this out.
Here are a few questions to consider:
1) What are you comparing yourself to?
2) Is this a fair and realistic comparison?
3) Would you have the same expectation for someone else?
4) If roles were reversed, how would you help someone else with this challenge?
5) What’s the worst case scenario?
6) If this happened, what could you learn from it?
7) Have you given it your best?
8) Are you proud of your work?
Many ADDer's are verbal processors and it can really bring new insight to talk about these questions with someone else. Once you hear what you're thinking, it’s easier to process and start to make more sense of it.
Thank you for your time and attention...