The Journey of Self-Discovery
"I'm not sure, if what I'm choosing is a good choice or is out of fear? Or maybe, I'm too soon in this journey of self-discovery to know?"
The quote above came from a listener of our podcast (Taking Control: The ADHD Podcast), her question was centered around the Fear of Losing Interest (FOLI). We're not sure if this a real term, but it is now! Because in the ADHD world, you know exactly what we're talking about!
In the podcast, Pete and I have a great conversation about FOLI and I ask 10 Questions to our listener. However, these questions aren't designed only for losing interest in projects.
These questions can guide you through any ADHD Challenge you may have.
Noice, I said guide, not fix or solve any ADHD challenge.... There's a difference.
People often want a black and white answer on how to get through a challenge, unfortunately, it's not that simple.
- The questions build awareness of the ADHD Challenge and how it affects you personally.
- They allow reflection and insight on the possibilities for the future.
- They take you from a place of "Stuck" to moving forward.
- They provide an opportunity to grow in your self-discovery.
10 Questions To Guide You Through an ADHD Challenge:
- Identify the challenge, what's going wrong? Then paint a picture in your mind of a different story. What would it look like if things were going right?
- What is it that you really want?
- What makes this important to you?
- What are your options?
- What are you willing to change, give up, or do differently?
- If you are second guessing a decision - go back to what it means to you.
- What's missing?
- What needs to happen to fill the void?
- What can you do to make the situation better?
- What's the first step you are willing to take as early as today?
Thank you for your time and attention...